Thursday, September 16, 2010

Going the Distance

Going the Distance
I saw Going the Distance last night and was pleasantly suprised at how much I liked it. I really don't care for cheesy movies and was really afraid that this film would serve up a big slice of cheesiness with a side of completely predictable (terrible combo). Not so. It was actually really funny and gave a very realistic look at long distance dating. Drew Barrymore and Justin Long were phenominal, they really had great chemistry (I would hope so since they're dating in real life). The supporting performances by Christina Applegate, Jason Sudeikis, and Charlie Day (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) were absolutely hilarious. I will say that during the last 20 or so minutes of the film, there were multiple occasions that I thought it was going to end. I hate fake-outs like that where the camera slowly zooms out of a somber scene and potential roll credits music starts playing. Not cool. Speaking of music, I thought the soundtrack was super. I particularly enjoyed the songs by Boxer Rebellion (my fave is If You Run). Over all I really liked it and would definitely recommend it.

1 comment:

  1. Totally agree. The soundtrack was a winner, but my fav aspect was Drew B. dropping the F bomb left and right. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete